Saturday, June 27, 2015

Ogura Red Bean Ice Cream Cupcake

Found this super easy 3 ingredient recipe from  Kirbie Cravings site last week and had it bookmarked in my To-Bake-List'.  Hence, the recipe came into mind when I had limited time to bake when I had to complete several baking recipes within a span of 3+ hours (including preparation and cleaning). This batch of cupcakes is also made for my landlady on the same day when I presented her with the Butterflakes Herb Bread for their buka puasa.

The original recipe called for full fat chocolate ice cream but I opted for something lighter and non chocolatey as during then I also made them moist chocolate cake using rice cooker with satisfactory outcome. Knowing their family is true fan of chocolates and cream cheese products, I shall apply chocolate topping to complement the red bean ice cream.


I have made some adaptations to see if it work and it did.  From this experience, I reckoned this is a very forgiving recipe where you can adapt to your preference and still get a fairly smooth textured cake with tender crumb.

Do try out with other ingredients and share with me the outcome.  In case you need help with the measurement conversion here is the link  or Link 2. Happy baking!



Ogura Red Bean Ice Cream Cupcake
Recipe adapted from Kirbie Cravings


700ml Ogura Red Bean Ice Cream
50g Castor Sugar
120g Self Raising Flour
2 Small Eggs

Chocolate Glaze Topping  (Optional)




DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 170C degrees.  Prepare muffin cups on baking tray.

In a sauce pan, heat up ice cream until melted. Stir in castor sugar and mix until fully combined and melted. Set aside to cool until lukewarm.

Beat in eggs and combine until even.

Whisk in flour and mix with hand whisk or electric mixer until no flour lumps remain.

Pour into individual muffin cups and bake at 170C degrees for 20-22mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Glaze with toppings, if desired.









No comments :

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...